Posts Tagged

Archbishop John T. McNicholas

In 1935 with the encouragement of Archbishop John T. McNicholas, O.P., Revs. Leo Walsh and Charles Murphy began ministering to the African American community in the Lockland neighborhood, a suburb of Cincinnati. After a plea for financial assistance was placed in The Catholic Telegraph, an anonymous gift of $4000 made

Coverage of the installations of bishops from around the region in 1945 are shown. In 1945, three of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati's suffragan sees and one neighboring diocese had new bishops installed. (CT File Photos)
Staff Report  Another story you’ll see at TheCatholicTelegraph.com today is about the installation of Bishop Daniel Thomas of the Diocese of Toledo. While bishops of one diocese have no particular authority of the faithful of other dioceses, their installations and appointments are always newsworthy.  Often many bishops from the surrounding area

Staff Report The Catholic Telegraph One person’s donation became an archdiocesan treasure on April 12 when Goodwill Industries made a discovery in their Woodlawn store. Goodwill Industries Public Information Officer Michael Flannery discovered a portrait of Archbishop John T. McNicholas O.P. who led the Archdiocese from 1925 to 1950 along