Posts Tagged

Archbishop McNicholas

For twenty five years, from 1925 until his death in 1950, John T. McNicholas served as the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Born in Kiltimagh, County Mayo, Ireland, December 15, 1877, McNicholas immigrated to the United States at a young age, settling with his family in Chester, Pennsylvania. He

Saint Robert Bellarmine (Courtesy Photo)
by Sarah Patterson St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622) is the official patron of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Did you know that we also have two minor patrons? They are St. Albert the Great (c. 1200–1280) and St. Robert Bellarmine (1542-1621). Below is a letter written by Abp. John T. McNicholas

The third building for the Fontbonne (formerly called Sacred Heart Home), opened in 1962. Operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph, it was a home for unmarried businesswomen in Cincinnati. Located at Broadway and Fifth Street, not only did the Fontbonne provide housing, but it also hosted socials and meetings,

In late 1945 Abp. John T. McNicholas opened a weekly radio program entitled, “The Catholic Position.” This six-week program was structured to have selected priests of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati explain the Catholic position on many questions of the day, especially as the world had just experienced a massive and

Staff Report The Catholic Telegraph One person’s donation became an archdiocesan treasure on April 12 when Goodwill Industries made a discovery in their Woodlawn store. Goodwill Industries Public Information Officer Michael Flannery discovered a portrait of Archbishop John T. McNicholas O.P. who led the Archdiocese from 1925 to 1950 along