Posts Tagged

Stained glass

University of Dayton students and faculty transformed reclaimed stained glass windows from the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception into new works of art that communicate what the University’s Marianist identity and community mean to them. Living Glass: Sustaining Memory Through Light runs Feb. 29 to March 17 in Gallery 249 on

It was 1911 when 10 German-made stained glass windows were installed in what was then St. Stephen Church in Hamilton. The church building, constructed in 1853 to replace an original 1834 church, today is home to St. Julie Billiart Parish — a 1989 merger of three Hamilton parishes: St. Stephen,