UPDATED! Knights Night at the Dayton Dragons
Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus from Ohio District Two paraded on the Dayton Dragons baseball field on “Knights Night” at a Dragons game in July.
According to St. Christopher (Vandalia) parishioner Patrick Shay, this now-annual event is a group function for all area Knights of Columbus — several hundred of whom attended. About 36 Fourth Degree Knights presented the flags, lined the bases, and sang the National Anthem before the game.
Six Assemblies participated in the field presentation:
- Fr. Butler Assembly 814, Hamilton,
- Fr BF Kuhlman Assembly 815, Dayton,
- Monsignor Buckley Assembly, Springfield
- Bishop Ford Assembly 2892, Beavercreek
- Joseph Cardinal Bernardin Assembly 3056, Centerville
- Fr. Francis B. Pilliod Assembly 3273, Huber Heights
“As you may know, the 4th Degree is the Patriotic degree,” Shay said. “So we try to use this venue to be Patriotic but also promote the Catholic faith.”
Thanks to Patrick Shay for the photos.