Posts Tagged

Carthagena

Father Robert Kunisch, CPPS Father Robert Kunisch, CPPS, died on Dec. 8, in the infirmary of St. Charles Center in Carthagena. He was 89. Father Kunisch was born in Toledo on Aug. 19, 1930. He entered the Missionaries of the Precious Blood in 1944 in Brunnerdale, a high school seminary

Father Robert Kunisch, C.PP.S., died at 7:50 a.m. on Sunday, December 8, 2019, in the infirmary of St. Charles Center in Carthagena, Ohio, where he made his home. He had been in failing health recently. He was 89. Father Kunisch was born in Toledo on August 19, 1930, to Alfred

by Susie Bergman Every runner knows that the act of running a race is not without difficulties and challenges. There are things that can trip them up, or even slow them down, along the way. Good runners need proper training, endurance and discipline. The same can also be said for

60 Years Father William Beuth, C.PP.S. Fr. Beuth, a native of Springdale, Pa., entered the Society in 1946 and was ordained on May 31, 1959. Fr. Beuth has served as a missionary to Peru and Guatemala for most of his life as a priest. After his ordination, Fr. Beuth served

75 years Sister Charlene Heidenreich Sister Charlene (M. Charles) Heidenreich grew up as a member of Holy Family and St. Mary parishes in Dayton and graduated from Precious Blood High School — the Congregation’s former school also known as Fatima Hall — in Dayton. She spent nearly four decades in

By John Stegeman For farmers and members of the Catholic Rural Life team, Gerald and Lori Vian, the torrential rains that have blanketed southwestern Ohio aren’t the full extent their problems. While the rains have their corn and bean crops behind schedule, the Vians are also working to rebuild their

Father John Kalicky, C.PP.S., 84, died at 4 p.m. on June 18, 2019, at St. Charles Center, Carthagena, Ohio. He had been in failing health. He was born on October 13, 1934 in Whiting, Ind., to John and Lillian (Spychalski) Kalicky, and grew up in the neighborhood of St. John

By Sarah Anne Carter For The Catholic Telegraph Designated a historical landmark in 1979 as part of the “Cross-Tipped Churches,” St. Aloysius in Carthagena commemorated its 150th anniversary in June. The parish building dates back to 1878, but the congregation can date itself back to 1865. “Saint Aloysius is certainly