Posts Tagged

St. Michael Church

Queen of Peace Parish in Hamilton replaced their outside cross atop the church that was originally built and erected in 1966. The new cross is larger and lit for the entire Queen Acres neighborhood. They placed the old cross inside the new one. Students witnessed the blessing of the new cross.
Out and About in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati! Click photo to click through the photos.

Sister Marian Ruede A Mass of Christian Burial for Sister of Charity of Cincinnati Marian Ruede was celebrated Oct. 22 in the motherhouse chapel. Sister Marian, 88, died Oct. 18. She was a Sister of Charity for 71 years. A native of Jackson, Mich., Sister Marian’s ministries included 27 years

By John Stegeman The Catholic Telegraph Just 17 years after the then-Diocese of Cincinnati was created by Pope Pius VII, the residents of Fort Loramie finally got their own parish. Catholic roots in the area go back as far as 1749 when a group of French explorers passed through, but