Home»Jubilarians»Jubilarians 2016: Missionaries of the Precious Blood

Jubilarians 2016: Missionaries of the Precious Blood

0
Shares
Pinterest Google+

The staff of The Catholic Telegraph wishes to express our gratitude to the following Missionaries of the Precious Blood celebrating jubilees in 2016 for their steadfast faith and dedicated service to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.

60 Years

Father James Dugal (Courtesy Photo)
Father James Dugal (Courtesy Photo)

Father James Dugal

Father Dugal, 86, a native of Jackson, Mich., entered the society in 1948 and was ordained on June 2, 1956. Father Dugal has served in parishes and in retreat and renewal ministry.
After his ordination, he was in parish ministry in Fort Wayne, then was an instructor at Brunnerdale, the Society’s high school seminary in Canton. In 1965, he was named spiritual director of St. Charles Seminary in Carthagena, Ohio. Father Dugal entered retreat and renewal ministry in 1970 at the Maria Stein Retreat House, a ministry that he continues to this day. He returned to parish work in 1978 as the pastor of Precious Blood Church in Fort Wayne, Ind., where he served until 1983, when he returned to retreat and renewal ministry. In 1990, he was named pastor of St. James the Less Church in Columbus, where he served for nine years. In 1999, he became pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Montezuma, Ohio. In 2001, he also served at St Rose Church, St. Rose, Ohio, and Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Casella, Ohio.
Father Dugal also served in leadership with the congregation as a member of its provincial council.
In 2011, Father Dugal retired to St. Charles Center, where he makes his home. He continues in parish ministry as he offers help to local pastors.

Father Robert Kunisch (Courtesy Photo)
Father Robert Kunisch (Courtesy Photo)

Father Robert Kunisch

Father Kunisch, 85, a native of Toledo, entered the Society in 1944 and was ordained on June 2, 1956.
After his ordination he served briefly in parish ministry in Detroit before he was assigned to St. Charles Seminary in Carthagena, where in 1960 he was named treasurer, later vice-superior. In 1974, he was appointed provincial secretary.
Father Kunisch served at Calumet College of St. Joseph from 1975-81. He then became the pastor of St. Aloysius Church in Carthagena, as well as the business manager of Messenger Press in Carthagena, which at the time was owned by the Missionaries. In 1985, he was named pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Montezuma, Ohio. In those years he also served in leadership with the Congregation.
Father Kunisch became the director of the Sorrowful Mother Shrine, Bellevue, Ohio, in 1992. He retired from that position in 2000, but continued to minister at the shrine. In 2012, he retired to St. Charles Center.

50 Years

Father Thomas Brenberger (Courtesy Photo)
Father Thomas Brenberger (Courtesy Photo)

Father Thomas Brenberger

Father Brenberger, 76, a native of Dayton, entered Brunnerdale, the Society’s high school seminary near Canton, Ohio, in 1953 and was ordained on June 4, 1966.
After his ordination, he served for five years as a missionary to Peru. From 1971-76, he was associate pastor of St. John the Baptist Church in Whiting, Ind. He served as associate pastor of St. Anthony Church in Falls Church, Va., from 1976-80. In 1980, he was appointed local C.PP.S. director at the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago. He returned to St. Anthony in Falls Church as its pastor from 1982-89.
In 1990, he was named a campus minister and instructor of religion at Saint Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Ind., which is sponsored by the Missionaries of the Precious Blood. He returned to parish work in 1993 when he was named pastor of St. Augustine Church in Minster, Ohio. I
In 2000, he became pastor of Immaculate Conception Church in Celina and St. Teresa Church in Rockford, Ohio. In 2010, Father Brenberger became senior associate at Marion Catholic Community, Maria Stein, Ohio, where he still ministers.

Brother Paul Chase (Courtesy Photo)
Brother Paul Chase (Courtesy Photo)

Brother Paul Chase

Brother Paul, 70, a native of Fairbank, Iowa, entered the Society in 1965 and was professed on Aug. 15, 1966.
Brother Paul has spent his life as a brother in ministry at St. Charles Center in Carthagena, Ohio, where he has worked as a farmer and dairy herdsman.

 

40 Years

Father Juan Gonzalez (Courtesy Photo)
Father Juan Gonzalez (Courtesy Photo)

Father Juan Gonzalez

Father Gonzalez, a native of Puerto Rico, was ordained in 1976. In July 1990, he served as associate pastor at Our Lady of Guadalupe in East Chicago, Ind. In 1994, he became pastor, where he served until 2013. From 2010-2011, Father Gonzalez also served as pastoral administrator of St. Patrick Parish in East Chicago, later assisting at St. John the Baptist in Whiting, Ind. In May 2014, he was appointed as senior associate at St. Agnes Church in Los Angeles.
Father Gonzalez retired to St. Charles Center in 2015. He often presides at liturgies in Spanish for local Spanish speakers.

Father Ernest Krantz (Courtesy Photo)
Father Ernest Krantz (Courtesy Photo)

Father Ernest Krantz

Father Krantz, a native of Atwater, Ohio, was ordained in 1976 at St. Joseph Church in Suffield, Ohio. He then entered parish ministry, including at Precious Blood Church in Fort Wayne, Ind.; Immaculate Conception Church in Celina; and Our Lady of Good Counsel in Cleveland.
In 1986, Father Krantz was appointed campus minister at Saint Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Ind. He served as chaplain and instructor of religion at Calumet College of St. Joseph in Whiting, Ind., beginning in 1988. In 2002, he was appointed to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in East Chicago, Ind. In 2004, Father Krantz was appointed parochial vicar of Our Lady of Good Counsel in Cleveland.
Since 2005, he has served as chaplain for the Adorers of the Blood of Christ in Columbia, Penn.

 

25 Years

Father Jeffrey Keyes (Courtesy Photo)
Father Jeffrey Keyes (Courtesy Photo)

Father Jeffrey Keyes

A native of Hayward, Calif., Fr. Keyes was ordained on Oct. 26, 1991 in Oakland, Calif. While still a deacon, he was active in vocation ministry with the Province of the Pacific. After his ordination to the priesthood, he served at St. Barnabas in Alameda, Calif. He also ministered with the Congregation’s lay associates, called Companions, and at parishes.
In 1994, he became pastor of St. Barnabas. He also served in leadership in his province.
Beginning in 2001, Father Keyes served as interprovincial director of the Precious Blood House of Formation in Chicago. He also served on the coordinating team at Retrouvaille International and has led Retrouvaille weekends for the past 23 years.
In August 2004, Father Keyes, who is now a member of the Cincinnati Province, became pastor of St. Edward Church, Newark, Calif. He is currently on sabbatical.

Previous post

Diocese investigating priest over political video of fetus, altar use

Next post

Life’s 5th Quarter Fills Holy Name