Catholic Social Services Celebrates 100 Years by Hosting a Huge Party in Downtown Dayton!
Dayton, Ohio — September 21, 2021 — Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley, established in 1921, is now in its 100th year of serving the Greater Dayton region. To recognize this incredible milestone, the agency is hosting a day-long Centennial Celebration this Saturday, September 25.
The Centennial Celebration will take place in downtown Dayton: at RiverScape MetroPark, Don Crawford Plaza, Day Air Ballpark, and the surrounding streets. Admission is free, and the entire community is invited to attend from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Activities and attractions scheduled throughout the day will include:
• A Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby Tournament on Don Crawford Plaza — The kids’ qualifying round will be from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with finals at 6:00 p.m., followed by an adult home run derby.
• A variety of kid-friendly activities presented by Scene 75, Raise Your Brush, the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, and Event Drop.
• Live entertainment including an assortment of local performers between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., followed by three popular regional bands:
• Casino Tight at 5:45 p.m.
• Stranger at 7:00 p.m.
• Bluewater Kings at 9:00 p.m.
• Food trucks, a wine garden, and what just may be Dayton’s Biggest Fish Fry — featuring both the Corpus Christi Fryers and Hechts’ Frying Fish!
• For anyone who would would like to participate, there will be a Catholic Mass inside Day Air Ballpark at 4:30 p.m.
For all the details about the Centennial Celebration, please visit cssmv.org.