Chatfield College celebrates re-dedication of St. Angela Hall
November 21, 2011
ST. MARTIN DEANERY — On Oct. 15 Chatfield College held a re-dedication and celebration of St. Angela Hall at its main campus in St. Martin.
|The historic St. Angela Hall was re-dedicated on Oct. 15. (Courtesy photo)|
St. Angela Hall was built in 1861 by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and still stands today as an amazing piece of history. It has been used as a residence for priests and the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, as well as a dormitory for the former Ursuline Boarding School. Now, St. Angela Hall has begun life anew as the main administration building for Chatfield College, housing the president’s office, development and alumni relations office and the marketing and communications staff.
Chatfield friends, supporters, students, faculty, staff, board members and several Ursuline Sisters took part in the celebration. Prior to the ceremony, Sisters Agatha Fitzgerald and Lucia Castellini led attendees in a special pilgrimage to the Ursuline cemetery, honoring the 11 foundresses, three priests and Archbishop John Baptist Purcell, who lived and worked in St. Angela Hall. Father Benedict O’Cinnsealaigh, president of the Athenaeum of Ohio and rector of Mount St. Mary’s Seminary, led a blessing ceremony, followed by a ribbon cutting. Guests were then treated to music and lunch to complete the celebration.
|Members of the Chatfield College board of trustees and the Brown County Chamber of Commerce participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony.|