Coronavirus updates in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati
Just In: The Catholic Conference of Ohio, chaired by Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, has released a statement temporarily suspending all publicly celebrated Masses and liturgies through Easter. For more, click here
This afternoon, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced school closures in Ohio for all schools beginning at the end of the day on Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3, 2020. Out of concern for the common good and physical well-being of the people, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Department of Schools will be closing in cooperation with the governor’s direction. All school related meetings and activities will also be cancelled. Schools were recommended to have an academic plan for all students if at all possible.
Questions can be directed to respective schools for further information.
The Light is On for You – previously scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, March 24 – is cancelled as an archdiocese-wide initiative. Individual parishes may proceed or not with the sacrament of reconciliation at the discretion of the pastor.
UPDATE: The Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary will be closed to the public until Monday, April 20.
The seminarians living at Mount St. Mary’s will be returning to their home communities. They will continue both the academic and formational components of their preparation for the priesthood through distance learning and other media.
- The Eugene H. Maly Memorial Library is closed to the public until Monday, April 20.
- In-person classes for Lay Pastoral and Special Studies students at the main campus and satellite campuses will be cancelled starting Saturday, March 14 until Monday, April 20. Students will receive remote instruction during this time.
- The Solemn Passiontide Vespers and Concert of Sacred Music on Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m. is cancelled.
- The Eastertide Choral Mass for Divine Mercy Sunday on Sunday, April 19 at 7 p.m. is cancelled.
In order to best serve their students Xavier University is extending spring break by one week, and the spring semester will be extended by one week. Remote learning will now begin on Monday, March 23. This will help facilitate both remote learning preparations and the move out process from campus housing. Xavier will move to a remote learning format for all courses for the duration of the spring semester.
- Mount St. Joseph University “Keep Learning” Remote Classes Extended for the Remainder of the Semester, Seton Residence Hall Closing March 21, 2020
- Our Lady of Victory School, Cincinnati: Classes will resume on Monday, April 20 unless further cancellation is made.
- St. Ignatius Loyola School, Cincinnati: Classes will resume on Monday, April 15
All youth events at St. Margaret of York, Loveland: cancelled
- University of Dayton Men’s Basketball NCAA Tournament First Four March 17- March 18: cancelled
- Badin High School Spring Play March 19-March 22: cancelled
- Danielle Rose Concert March 20 at St. John the Evangelist West Chester: cancelled
- Genesis Retreat for Engaged Couples March 21 at the Our Lady of Holy Spirit Center: cancelled
- Awake in Dayton (A VIA Event), March 21: cancelled
- Awake in Northern Part of the Archdiocese (A VIA Event), March 22: cancelled
- Sensation March 28 at Seton High School cancelled
- Seton-Elder Performing Arts Series: Fiddler on the Roof April 1-4 cancelled
- University of Dayton: Classes are canceled the three days before spring break, March 11-13. All residential UD students are asked to leave campus by 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 11; Students will have classes online starting March 23 for two weeks. All University-sponsored events and gatherings are canceled effective Wednesday, March 11 until further notice.
- Xavier University: All spring sports, all intercollegiate, camps and clinics are cancelled.
- All remaining #OHSAA winter tournaments are postponed until further notice. This includes boys basketball regionals and state wrestling, ice hockey and girls basketball.