Job Opening: Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Bilingual Case Worker
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Bilingual Case Worker—Emergency Assistance Services for Su Casa Hispanic Center.
This position will assist Hispanic/Latino individuals, children, and families from low-income backgrounds connect with and gain access to all available benefits, employment, school enrollment, and financial assistance. The case worker will assist individuals and families in situational challenges present due to poverty, immigration status, language/cultural barriers, and navigating different systems in the community. The Bilingual case worker will serve as the first point of contact for clients and refer clients either internally or externally for additional services.
This position is based out of our Mid Pointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237), normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, 37. 5 hours per week, non-exempt, and reports to the Case Management Supervisor – Su Casa Hispanic Center.
Essential Job Functions:
• Become familiar with social programs, healthcare, and educational services available to the Hispanic/ Latino community in the Greater Cincinnati area.
• Provide emergency assistance services to individuals and families such as: information and referrals, sight translation of documents such as bills, notary services, Medicaid applications, Job and Family Services applications for food and financial assistance, school enrollment for children, passport applications and deportation safety planning, assist with police reports, and advocate for survivors of intimate partner violence.
• Assist individuals with job readiness training and employment search.
• Assist in the planning and execution of MARCC ID Drives.
• Represent Su Casa at various agency and community partner events, including presentations on Su Casa services and other topics relevant to the work of Su Casa Hispanic Center and Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
• Document services in the appropriate format for internal and external requirements.
• Formulate reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
• Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English
• Intermediate level of computer skills
• Valid notary license or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted through Monday, October 19, 2020.
Starting pay range for this position is between $17.50$18.40/hour, depending upon experience.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.