Job Opening: Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for reaching and growing defined target audiences with bold, joyful and beautiful digital content, consistent with the respective online strategies of the Department of Communication & Evangelization. The Social Media Coordinator will be expected to understand and safeguard the brand and graphic standards of the archdiocese Pastoral Center and its various offices and ministries, be an up-to-date leader in the Communication & Evangelization team in the evolving field of social media platforms and best practices, and work reliably and collaboratively with others to deliver output on time and on budget. The Social Media Coordinator will also work with the Director of Media Relations on crisis communications and perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Digital Engagement and collaborates closely with the entire staff of the Department of Communication & Evangelization, as well as colleagues across several Pastoral Center offices. The Social Media Coordinator must be a model of professional conduct and always represent the Archdiocese of Cincinnati with honesty and integrity.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with solid knowledge of the Catholic Church, including structure, doctrine and liturgical calendar. Passion for the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or related field, from a four-year college or university.
- One or more years of work experience in social media content creation, ideally within a professional environment. Demonstrated ability to execute strategy across multiple social media platforms. An authentic passion for this field of work.
- Technical excellence in social media. Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Communication excellence. Must be able to write succinctly and clearly to convey accurate information and engage a digital audience. Must be able to communicate best practices to those who are less familiar with social media.
- Design experience. Must have a good understanding of design trends and be able to design basic on-brand graphics for social media use. Preferred experience with Canva and the Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator). Experience in photography, digital writing and product promotion. Must be able to photograph with a full-frame DSLR camera and edit photos in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player. A person who is collaborative and enjoyable, pleasant and responsive; someone who builds productive and mutually respectful relationships and engenders trust.
- Self-starter. Reliable. Employs good judgment. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Attends to duties as expected and communicates any barriers or difficulties as quickly as possible. Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Engagement
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.* Design and create compelling social media solutions for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and The Catholic Telegraph. Execute and prepare creative posts for social media with understanding of how to effectively promote on each platform.
2.* Understand the brand and graphic standards of the Pastoral Center and its various ministries and ensure that these are faithfully and creatively brought to life. Be a steward of the Pastoral Center marks and graphic standards.
3.* Support the efforts of the archdiocesan Communications department in a prompt and collaborative fashion, especially when called upon by the Director of Media Relations in crisis communications situations.
4.* Interact with social audiences in a warm and appropriate manner. Maintain awareness of response times and when it is appropriate to collaborate with the Director of Media Relations and/or other colleagues on response content. Regularly monitor social media comments for objectionable content and remove as appropriate.
5.* Regularly develop and produce reports on the growth and engagement of social audiences. Analyze data and use experience and judgment to adjust strategies to ensure continued growth and engagement across all social platforms.
6.* Proactively provide social media consultancy and creative solutions for the various Pastoral Center ministries.
- Display a desire for career-long learning and growth in the areas of social media platforms, communications and media trends.
- Actively participate in the ongoing mission of the department to evolve and improve archdiocesan communication effectiveness across all channels. Participate in department and Pastoral Center priorities/activities as requested by the Director of Digital Engagement.