Job Opening: Full Time Volunteer Coordinator
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Volunteer Coordinator on our Mission Advancement team.
This position is responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, recognition, and ongoing engagement of Volunteers at Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio (CCSWO).
This position is based out of our Mid Pointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237), normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, 37. 5 hours per week, reports to the Director of Mission Advancement, and is a FLSA non-exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop, promote and maintain volunteer opportunities within CCSWO.
• Manage recruitment, application, placement, orientation and recognition of volunteers.
• Regularly participate in volunteer opportunities to build familiarity with volunteers, assess the quality of their experience, and ensure safe practices and environment.
• Collaborate with Program Staff and Directors to ensure appropriate training and supervision of volunteers.
• Ensure volunteers comply with Child Protection Decree, VIRTUS training.
• Work with CCSWO programs to assign volunteers to appropriate placements.
• Enter and maintain record of volunteer hours ensuring accurate record keeping, timely statistics and activity reports on volunteer participation.
• Maintain Volunteer database profiles and hardcopy files, ensuring files meet with agency and Archdiocese of Cincinnati policies.
• Develop relationships with employer-based volunteer programs.
• Attend volunteer recruitment events.
• Recruit and provide short-term volunteers for events, such as Health Fairs, Special Events, and Food Pantries.
• Work with the senior services staff regarding volunteers age 55 or older.
• Collaborate as a member of the Development and Marketing Staff and Mission Encounter Team to facilitate a culture of solidarity and empowerment of all who engage in the mission of Catholic Charities. This will include but not be limited to coordinating volunteer functions for agency events and volunteer appreciation projects.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with working with populations from different age, socioeconomic, cultural, and racial backgrounds
• Flexibility and organizational skills for independent daily management
• Strong organizational skills
• Friendly personality and excellent customer service skills
• Experience in managing volunteers and/or volunteer program is preferred.
• Experience using volunteer management software or constituent databases (CRM) is preferred
• Fluency in the Spanish language is preferred
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at [email protected] Resumes will be accepted through Friday, October 16, 2020.
Starting pay range for this position is between $18.00-$22.00/hour, depending upon experience.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.