Job Opening: Senior Development Manager
Job Title: Senior Development Manager
Reports To: Director of External Relations
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Liz Carter Center, 1125 Bank Street, Cincinnati, OH 45214
Background: St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) has served residents of greater Cincinnati for over 150 years with basic needs assistance such as food, medicine, and homelessness prevention (rent and utilities) through the organization’s Neyer Outreach Center in the West End and through 56 parish-based volunteer Conferences. SVDP provides holistic direct assistance and systemic change services while serving neighbors in need with dignity and compassion.
Scope of Position: The Senior Development Manager is responsible for contributing to the creation of and implementation of the organization’s development strategies. Specifically, this role manages all components of the organization’s gift processing, appeals’ calendar, grant funding, planned giving, and the Charitable Pharmacy’s overall development goals.
- Create and implement organization’s planned giving strategies; manage individual donors who are in the Ozanam Legacy of Hope Society
- Develop and manage implementation of the annual fundraising strategy for the SVDP Charitable Pharmacy (which maintains its own budget and non-profit status), including formation of revenue budget, management of Pharmacy donors, coordination with the Pharmacy team, and preparation and presentation of reporting to the Pharmacy Board
- Develop and oversee organization’s grant calendar to ensure all grant proposals and reports are submitted in an organized and timely manner; manage Grant Writer; review drafted grants and reports; write grants, as needed
- Develop strategy for and manage implementation of online and direct mail solicitations throughout the year
- Manage Giving Officer, Gift Processing Coordinator and Grant Writer
- Oversee all processes related to the donor database, act as backup to the Gift Processing Coordinator
- Assist in executing the organization’s three main fundraising events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years successful development experience
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Familiarity with planned giving tools
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under deadlines
- Proven ability to create, grow, and retain strong donor relationships; exceptional active listening capacity
- Experience leading others in pursuit of a common goal; proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect or similar CRM database, preferred
- Staff supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment. Occasional requirement to lift items of 20 pounds for special events.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Denise Jewell, [email protected]
No phone calls please.