Job Openings: ST. VINCENT DE PAUL STORES, INC. Manager of Stores Accounting
St. Vincent de Paul Stores, a nonprofit organization consisting of eight thrift stores and donation centers, provides low-cost and free clothing, household items and furniture to low-income individuals and families. It also supports the mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati to provide emergency assistance to those in need throughout Cincinnati and Hamilton County. SVDP Stores, which has retail sales exceeding $13 million and over 300 employees, is looking for a Manager of Stores Accounting to support its operations.
• Perform monthly closing activities, including preparation of journal entries, bank and balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statements, and management reports
• Reconcile daily cash and credit card deposits for each store to daily sales reports
• Process accounts payable, including sales tax filings, annual 1099 filings, and credit card administration
• Serve as backup for payroll processing with third-party service provider
• Prepare bank deposits as needed
• Maintain petty cash
• Prepare required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete annual informational tax returns
• Prepare annual budgets
• Prepare national annual reporting
• Maintain and improve appropriate accounting controls
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years accounting experience, not-for profit experience a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and general accounting systems
• Financial reporting experience including complete financial statements and all aspects of general ledger accounting; experience with accounts payable processing; payroll processing experience desired
• Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and follow up skills; detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines
Send cover letter and resume to Denise Jewell at [email protected].
No phone calls please.