Sister Mary Frank
A Mass of Christian Burial for Sister of St. Francis Mary Frank was celebrated Nov. 2 at the congregation’s motherhouse chapel in Oldenburg, Ind. Sister Mary, 86, died Oct. 30.
A native of Akron, Sister Mary entered the Oldenburg Franciscan community in 1943, and made her final vows in 1949. She ministered as both a teacher and principal at Catholic schools in Indianapolis before serving at Carroll High School in Dayton. In 1977, Sister Mary moved to Cincinnati and became a core member of the Resurrection House of Prayer until 1984, when she accepted a position in clinical pastoral education at Bethesda Hospital. She later served as retreat co-director for the Pinecroft House of Peace. In 1995, she became the secretary for the Communications Office for the Franciscan Friars of the St. John the Baptist Province. She retired to the motherhouse in 2007.
Sister Mary is survived by her sisters, Pauline Kline of Uniontown, Rose Kline of Rootstown, and Betty Robertson of Dunedin, Fla., and her brother, George, of Cincinnati. Interment was in the convent cemetery.