Home»Jubilarians»Jubilarians 2018: Oldenburg Franciscans

Jubilarians 2018: Oldenburg Franciscans

0
Shares
Pinterest Google+

80 years

Sister Irvin Marie Kreimer

Sister Irvin entered the Sisters of St. Francis on September 8, 1938 from St. Leo Parish, Cincinnati, and made final vows on August 12, 1944.

She taught in the archdiocese at St. Aloysius School, Sayler Park; St. Peter School, Chillicothe; St. Peter School, Hamilton; St. Anthony School, Dayton; St. Catharine School, Cincinnati and Sacred Heart School, Fairfield. Sister also taught and was principal in Catholic schools in Indiana, Illinois and Missouri.

From 1983 – 2005 she ministered at the motherhouse in Oldenburg. In 2005 she retired and resides in St. Clare Hall where she serves through prayer and presence.

75 years

Sister Patty Campbell (formerly Sister M. Suzanne)

Sister Patty entered the Sisters of St. Francis on September 12, 1943 from St. Mary Parish, Dayton, and made final vows on August 12, 1949.

Sister taught in the archdiocese at St. Aloysius School, Bridgetown and Carroll High School, Dayton. She also taught at Catholic schools in Indiana. She served as Pastoral Associate at St. Peter Parish in Chillicothe as well as at a parish in Oklahoma. Sister was core member of Resurrection House of Prayer in Cincinnati and worked as Parish Life Coordinator, Retreat and Spiritual Director in Indiana.

She continues in motherhouse ministry at Oldenburg where she resides.

70 Years

Sister Ruth Breig (formerly Sister Rose Michael)

Sister Ruth entered the Oldenburg Franciscans from St Anthony Parish, Dayton on September 8, 1948 and professed final vows on August 12, 1954.

Sister taught in the archdiocese at St. Joseph Nazareth School and Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Cincinnati; St. Ann School, Hamilton; and St. Anthony School, Dayton. She also taught in Catholic schools in Indiana.

She now resides in St. Clare Hall at Oldenburg and ministers by prayer and presence.

Sister Marie Cecille DiTullio

Sister Marie Cecille entered the Sisters of St. Francis from Holy Name Parish, Cincinnati on September 12, 1948, and made final vows on August 12, 1954.

In the archdiocese Sister taught at St. Bartholomew School, St. Pius School and St. Catharine School in Cincinnati; St. Peter School, Chillicothe; St. Aloysius School, Bridgetown; and St. Peter School, Hamilton. She also served as organist at most of those parishes. She taught and played the organ at Catholic schools and parishes in Indiana and Missouri as well. Sister later served in hospital chaplaincy and family care ministry in Florida and Ohio.

She continues in motherhouse ministry at Oldenburg where she resides.

Sister Rose O’Brien (formerly Sister James Ellen)

Sister Rose entered the Oldenburg Franciscans from St. Clement Parish, St. Bernard on September 8, 1948, and made final vows on August 12, 1954.

She taught in the archdiocese at Our Lady of Victory School, St. Francis Seraph School, St. Bartholomew School in Cincinnati; St. James School, White Oak; and St. Mary, Middletown. She served as assistant director, director or coordinator of religious education at Our Lady of the Rosary, St. James (White Oak), and St. John the Baptist Parishes in Cincinnati. She also served as a missionary in Mexico and taught English as a second language and general education degree classes in Cincinnati.

Sister now resides at the motherhouse and continues to minister there.

Sister Jean Michael Sauntry

Sister Jean entered the Sisters of St. Francis from St. John the Baptist Parish, Harrison on September 5, 1948, and professed final vows on August 12, 1954.

In the archdiocese she taught at St. Bernard School (Winton Place), Cincinnati. She also taught at Catholic schools in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri. From 1973 – 1981 and from 1984 – 1999 Sister worked as a missionary in Papua New Guinea.

She resides and serves at the motherhouse in Oldenburg.

Sister Therese Tackett (formerly Sister M. Kenneth)

Sister Therese entered the Oldenburg Franciscans on September 8, 1948, and made final vows on August 12, 1954.

She taught and served as principal in the archdiocese at St. Bonaventure School, Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, and St. Joseph School in Cincinnati. She also served in Catholic schools in Indiana and Missouri and worked as a missionary in the Appalachian region of Kentucky.

She continues in motherhouse ministry where she resides.

Sister Rita Vukovic (formerly Sister Mary Anselm)

Sister Rita entered the Oldenburg Franciscans from St. Anthony Parish, Dayton on September 8, 1948, and made final vows on August 12, 1958.

In the archdiocese she taught at St. Clement School, St. Bernard; St. Michael School, Cincinnati; St. Aloysius School, Bridgetown; and Bishop Flaget High School, Chillicothe. She also taught at Catholic schools in Indiana.

Sister ministers through prayer and presence in St. Clare Hall at Oldenburg.

60 years

Sister Laurina Schneider (formerly Sister Mary Clara)

Sister Laurina entered the Oldenburg Franciscans on February 2, 1959, and professed final vows on August 12, 1964.

She taught at Our Lady of Mercy School, Dayton and worked in spiritual care and activities at Oakwood Village in Urbana and St. Leonard in Centerville. Sister also taught at Catholic schools in Indiana and served as a missionary in Kentucky and Mexico.

She currently ministers in the wellness center at the motherhouse.

Sister Joan Schwake (formerly sister Mary Verna)

Sister Joan entered the Oldenburg Franciscans on February 2, 1959, and professed final vows on August 12, 1964.

In the archdiocese she taught at St. Francis School, St. Pius School, and St. Ann School in Cincinnati; and at Assumption School in Mt. Healthy. Sister also taught in Catholic schools in Indiana and Illinois and served at Santa Maria Community Services in Cincinnati.

She now resides at Oldenburg and is active in motherhouse ministry.

Sister Mary Ann Stoffregen (formerly Sister M. Lenore)

Sister Mary Ann entered the Oldenburg Franciscans on October 4, 1958, and made final vows on August 12, 1964.

She taught at St. Clement School in St. Bernard and at Catholic schools in Indiana. Sister served the community in formation and leadership ministry. She also ministered with Northern Cheyenne and Crow Native Americans in parishes and at a women’s spirituality center in Montana.

She resides at the motherhouse and ministers in the archives area.

50 years

Sister Bernice Stenge

Sister Bernice entered the Sisters of St. Francis on September 8, 1968, and made final vows on August 10, 1975.

She has ministered as staff therapist and counselor at Archdiocesan Consultation Services and as a counselor at Mercy Professional Services. Sister also taught at Catholic schools in Indiana and served as councilor on the congregational leadership team.

She currently resides at the motherhouse and serves as pre-retirement/retirement transition minister.

Previous post

Religious groups made effort to drive their flocks to midterm voting

Next post

A Prayer for Veteran's Day