Job Opening at Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for Immigration Legal Services Director.
The Immigration Legal Services Director will perform immigration attorney duties, representing individuals in immigration related cases. This position will provides legal counsel and advice on immigration-related cases with a focus on humanitarian immigration benefits, such as U- and T-visas, VAWA, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and asylum. Represents CCSWO-identified clients in legal proceedings as appropriate to complete their immigration case. Advise CCSWO clients on their rights and responsibilities. The ILS Director will also provide management and ongoing development of ILS staff and administrative practices of the Immigration Legal Services program.
This position will be based out of Mid Pointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237), normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, exempt, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide direct legal representation to clients in immigration-related cases, including but not limited to family-based visas, Consular Processing, naturalization, U- and T-visas, VAWA, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and asylum.
• Keep clients informed of the status of their case and reasonably respond to client questions during the normal course of representation.
• Maintain case files with current information and documentation in accordance with office policies and procedures.
• Supervise ILS staff and volunteers on case services in the areas of family-based visas, Consular Processing, naturalization, U- and T-visas, VAWA, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and asylum..
• Supervise the Safe Release Support Program, which assists potential sponsors of unaccompanied immigrant children (UACs) in completing background check requirements for release of UACs from government custody.
• Supervise the Bilingual Intake Specialist.
• Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures that promote effective, efficient service delivery.
• Collaborate with other agency departments and engage with agency leadership on the Admin Team during regular meetings and on special projects.
• Serve on the Continuous Quality Improvement committee, which promotes effective service delivery agency-wide.
• Participate in the program funding process, including grant writing, funder reports, and donor relations/development.
• Participate in regular community outreach, including presentations to client communities, funders, and the wider community as well as assisting at legal workshops hosted by CCSWO.
• Participate in community coalitions, including but not limited to: Archdiocesan and interfaith immigrant rights groups.
• Commit approximately 20% of time to travel locally for court hearings, community outreach events, client meetings, etc. Travel to Cleveland, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky for immigration hearings required for removal defense cases.
• Comply with all federal, state, and local professional ethical rules and regulations.
• Uphold the agency’s mission statement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Immigration Attorney, Paralegals, Safe Release Support Supervisor, Safe Release Specialist, Bilingual Intake Specialist, and ILS volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• License to practice law in Ohio, a member of the Ohio Bar, and registered to practice in front of the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
• Juris Doctor, required.
• Three years of immigration law experience, preferred.
• Three years of prior experience in a supervisory role.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or additional languages other than English
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good analytical skills to make decisions in the best interest of the clients and the agency.
• Demonstrated ability to work with partners and groups.
• Culturally competent.
• State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets CCSWOH current carrier guidelines.
• Proficient in computer-based case management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Starting pay range for this position is approximately $65,000/year, depending upon experience.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at [email protected]. Position will be open until filled.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.