Job Opening: St Mary Greenville Principal
POSITION TITLE: Elementary Principal
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1
The Principal serves as the religious, academic, community, and operational leader of the Catholic elementary school. The Principal guides the school’s strategic plan, engages and communicates with stakeholders on all levels, and hires and evaluates school staff. The Principal acts as the chief spokesperson for the school and ensures that the school authentically reflects the teachings of the Church, the initiatives of the Archdiocese, and the needs of the people that it serves.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
The role of Principal requires the following skills and experience to assure effectiveness in the pos1t1on: Current Administrative/Principal license preferred; Prior experience in leading efforts in an educational setting; Demonstrated strong public relations skills, including verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work collaboratively; Ability to work in a complex organizational setting; Proficiency in communication technologies; Must be a practicing Catholic with a personal faith commitment.
REPORTS TO: The Pastor, with defined oversight by the Catholic Schools Office and St.Mary’s School Advisory Board
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership, oversight, and accountability for the religious, academic, community, and operational programs of the school.
2. Monitors and upholds the quality of the school’s Catholic identity to ensure that it authentically reflects the teachings of the Church.
3. With the Pastor, maintains a strong religious instruction program, frequent opportunities for religious worship and prayer, and engaging service programs for students.
4. Monitors the school’s academic program to ensure the highest possible quality of teaching and learning.
5. Performs classroom observations and regular evaluations of instructional staff.
6. Monitors the school’s Technology Plan to ensure that instruction utilizes the best possible information technology.
7. Oversees the OCSAA accreditation process, including re-accreditation, monitoring of goals, and filing of necessary OCSM reports.
8. Nurtures, encou1·ages, and monitors the ongoing professional development of all staff.
9. Maintains an atmosphere of respect and good conduct throughout the body of students, parents, and volunteers.
10. Monitors all extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to ensure that they offer vibrant opportunities for students that are reflective of the school’s Catholic identity and applicable laws and policies.
11. With appropriate high schools, provides information and encouragement to allow graduates to enter a Catholic high school.
12. Communicates the values, needs, efforts, and accomplishments of the school with supporters and members of the parish and surrounding community.
13. Maintains and monitors the school’s strategic plan.
14. Monitors, promulgates, and revises the school’s policies with the St.Mary’s School Advisory Board.
15. With the Bookkeeper, provides oversight of the school’s financial plan, including fundraising, development, and budgeting.
16. Provides oversight for the proper functioning of the school’s physical facility. Monitors the school’s facilities plan. Ensures that all facilities are safe and compliant with relevant laws and policies.
17. Nurtures a well-developed recruitment plan for new students. Ensures that this plan is compliant with applicable Archdiocesan and state policies.
18. Maintains positive communications with parishioners, alumni, donors, and other supporters to maximize support for the school.
19. Meets regularly with the Pastor to discuss the school’s quality, policies, and operations.
20. Meets regularly with St. Mary’s School Advisory Board to receive feedback on the school’s quality, policies, and strategic plan.
21. Regularly conducts faculty meetings and other meetings as required.
22. Attends Archdiocesan Principals’ Meetings, School Cluster Meetings, and other meetings required by the Archdiocese.
23. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and the St. Mary’s School Advisory Board.
Works under the direction of the Pastor, with defined oversight by the Catholic Schools Office and the St. Mary’s Advisory Board.
School faculty and support staff (as defined by the school’s organizational chart).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 Days over 12 months
Employees of St. Mary’s Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
[email protected],(937) 548-2345
Posting will close on 1/21/2022